RECIPE: Huevos Rancheros
Healthy Huevos Rancheros
● 1 15.5-oz (425 g) can black beans, drained and rinsed
● ¼ cup (60 ml) warm water
● 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
● 4 large eggs
● 4 small white corn tortillas, warmed
● ½ cup (55 g) of your favorite salsa
● ½ cup (120 g) crumbled feta cheese
● ¼ cup (10 grams) chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
● Dash of hot sauce (optional)
In a skillet over medium-low heat, stir together the black beans and water, and heat through until warm (you also can warm them in a microwave in a covered dish for 90 secs to 2 mins).
While the beans are warming, heat the oil in a skillet and fry the eggs sunny-side up, seasoning with salt and pepper.
Warm the tortillas for 30 seconds in the microwave.
Place each tortilla on a separate plate. Equally divide the beans, then top with a fried egg, some salsa and cheese. Sprinkle with cilantro and optional hot sauce, and serve with any remaining salsa.
I’m officially drooling.
#healthymeals #healthyhabits #stayactive #healthybreakfast #easymeals