RECIPE: Spinach & Mushroom Saute
One of the things I love? Simple recipes that are fast and packed with flavor - and this one definitely delivers!
It’s a great side dish, but if you want to make it a meal, just add some steak or salmon.
Spinach & Mushroom Saute
(makes 4 servings)
● 2 Tbsp olive oil
● 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
● 1 small onion, chopped
● 2 cloves garlic, chopped
● 14 oz (400 grams) sliced fresh mushrooms, sliced
● 10 oz (280 grams) rinsed & dried fresh spinach, roughly chopped
● 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
● ¼ cup (60 ml) white wine or apple cider vinegar
● Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bell pepper and saute for 3-4 minutes, and then add the onion and garlic.
Continue sauteing until tender and then add the mushrooms, and cook until they begin to soften and shrink, about 3 to 4 minutes. Toss in the spinach in batches, and saute until spinach is wilted.
Add the balsamic vinegar and stir until it is absorbed, and then the white wine or apple cider vinegar. When it has reduced, remove from the heat and season with a little salt and pepper.
Serve and enjoy!